4/7/15, 7:57am…Due to the fact that I am deficient in Vitamin D I have been prescribed 1.25 MG of Vitamin D2 to be taken once per week. I've only taken it once. Most online sources recommend D3 so I'm wondering why I'm taking D2. Do you have any info about D2? I'm 64 and being treated for a heart arrythmia.

Asked by  shirleyannfisk42719300 on April 7, 2015

Answers
  •  shirleyannfisk42719300 on

See title

Answered by  shirleyannfisk42719300 on

• IAW
    Participant
     IAW on

You are taking D2 because your doctor just is not up to date with the latest information on Vitamin D. That is why this site exists. Humans make D3 NOT D2 so taking D3 is a lot better for you.
    The amount prescribed equals 50,000 iu which if divided by seven days equals 7100 iu per day. It is better to take it on a daily basis rather than weekly. So do yourself a favor and get 7000 – 8000 iu of D3 and take it daily.
    It is VERY important for you to read http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/about-vitamin-d/vitamin-d-and-other-vitamins-and-minerals/. Before taking any more Vitamin D I would get and take magnesium for a couple of days. For a woman the VDC recommends 500mg a day. You can get any kind except OXIDE. Vitamin D needs a lot of magnesium to function properly and if you are deficient in magnesium may even cause you symptoms.

Answered by  IAW on

Recent Discussion

Popular Questions