Vitamin D Research
back to research menu
- Epidemiology of vitamin D insufficiency and cancer mortality. Anticancer Res. 2009 Sep;29(9):3699–704. Review.
- Calcium, vitamin D and cancer. Anticancer Res. 2009 Sep;29(9):3687–98. Review.
- Polymorphisms in the vitamin D receptor gene and risk of lung cancer. Med Sci Monit. 2009 Aug;15(8):BR232–42.
- Multivitamin use and risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease in the Women's Health Initiative cohorts. Arch Intern Med. 2009 Feb 9;169(3):294–304.
- Circulating 25-Hydroxyvitamin D, VDR Polymorphisms, and Survival in Advanced Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2008 Dec 1;26(34):5596–602.
- Pleomorphic carcinoma of the lung expressing podoplanin and calretinin. Pathol Int. 2008 Dec;58(12):771–4.
- Novel Gemini vitamin D(3) analogs have potent antitumor activity. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2008 Nov;112(1–3):151–6.
- Prospective study of combined treatment with interferon-alpha and active vitamin D3 for Japanese patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma. Int J Urol. 2008 Sep;15(9):794–9.
- Serum vitamin D concentration and prostate cancer risk: a nested case-control study. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2008 Jun 4;100(11):796–804.
- Dairy products, calcium intake, and risk of prostate cancer in the prostate, lung, colorectal, and ovarian cancer screening trial. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2007 Dec;16(12):2623–30.
- The antitumor effect of lowered doses of cytostatics combined with new analogs of vitamin D in mice. Anticancer Res. 2007 Sep–Oct;27(5A):3387–98.
- Does solar exposure, as indicated by the non-melanoma skin cancers, protect from solid cancers: vitamin D as a possible explanation. Eur J Cancer. 2007 Jul;43(11):1701–12.
- Inhibition of lung carcinogenesis by 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3) and 9-cis retinoic acid in the A/J mouse model: Evidence of retinoid mitigation of vitamin D toxicity. Int J Cancer. 2007 Apr 1;120(7):1402–9.
- An ecologic study of cancer mortality rates in Spain with respect to indices of solar UVB irradiance and smoking. Int J Cancer. 2007 Mar 1;120(5):1123–8.
- A meta-analysis of second cancers after a diagnosis of nonmelanoma skin cancer: Additional evidence that solar ultraviolet-B irradiance reduces the risk of internal cancers. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2007 Mar;103(3–5):668–74.
- Seasonal and geographical variations in lung cancer prognosis in Norway. Does Vitamin D from the sun play a role? Lung Cancer. 2007 Mar;55(3):263–70.
- CYP24, the enzyme that catabolizes the antiproliferative agent vitamin D, is increased in lung cancer. Int J Cancer. 2006 Oct 15;119(8):1819–28.
- Cancer survival is dependent on season of diagnosis and sunlight exposure. Int J Cancer. 2006 Oct 1;119(7):1530–6.
- Epidemiology of disease risks in relation to vitamin D insufficiency. Prog Biophys Mol Biol. 2006 Sep;92(1):65–79. Review.
- The association of solar ultraviolet B (UVB) with reducing risk of cancer: multifactorial ecologic analysis of geographic variation in age-adjusted cancer mortality rates. Anticancer Res. 2006 Jul–Aug;26(4A):2687–99.
- The likely role of vitamin D from solar ultraviolet-B irradiance in increasing cancer survival. Anticancer Res. 2006 Jul–Aug;26(4A):2605–14.
- Genetically modified mice and their use in developing therapeutic strategies for prostate cancer. J Urol. 2004 Jul;172(1):12–9. Review.
- Circulating vitamin D metabolites, polymorphism in vitamin D receptor, and colorectal adenoma risk. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2004 Apr;13(4):546–52.
- An estimate of premature cancer mortality in the U.S. due to inadequate doses of solar ultraviolet-B radiation. Cancer. 2002 Mar 15;94(6):1867–75.
back to research menu