Reply To: I am 7 weeks into high dose treatment. My level was 19 and I've been taking 5000 a day. Symptoms have slightly improved but still have nerve pain and some muscle twitching. Should I be taking more?
I am not a doctor or scientist. So if the pain was not there before then maybe you should cut back to the 5000iu and try and hold there. The point would be if you get retested and your level has barely budged then you may have to take a lot more Vitamin D to raise your levels or your body is using it up faster than you can take it. If for example at the end of the month your level is 60ng/ml but you still have “symptoms” then you may want to consider increasing the amount you are taking.If you do not decide on a “steady amount”, then you will not be able to make any assumptions.