Vitamin D On the Web Links
Vitamin D Links
Links are provided for the courtesy of our guests and should not necessarily be construed as an endorsement by the Vitamin D Council of the content or views of the linked materials.
Featured Vitamin D Products
The following four companies donate to the Vitamin D Council.
Innovative tanning systems that combine the best in vitamin D-producing, tanning, and healthy skin support.
Take control of your health and never be vitamin D deficient again!
Discounted in-home test kits available for order over the Internet.
Brought to you by ZRT Labs and the Vitamin D Council.
Vitamin D does not act alone in the body.
Vitamin D3 Plus™ contains the cofactors Vitamin D needs to work properly: Magnesium, Vitamin K, Zinc, Boron, and Vitamin A.
Federally-licensed and FDA approved manufacturer.
The Vitamin D Council has arranged for special pricing on Vitamin D supplements you can trust.
Made in the USA to pharmaceutical grade standards in FDA inspected facilities, Stop Aging Now's Vitamin D3 provides maximum absorbability.
180-day money back guarantee!
The following three companies donate to the Vitamin D Council.
- 30 Minutes of SunShine - LifeSpan Nutrition
- 5,000 IU water-soluble vitamin D3 cholecalciferol combined with magnesium citrate and vitamin B6.
- Bio-Tech Pharmacal Inc.
- The best source for vitamin D3 cholecalciferol. Federally-licensed and FDA approved manufacturer whose vitamin D products are the product of choice for use in current research studies. Water-soluble.
- Dr. Cannell's Advanced Vitamin D - Purity Products
- An industry leading, innovative Vitamin D Formulation created by Vitamin D Council Executive Director, Dr. John Cannell. Two vegetarian capsules contain 5,000 IU of select Vitamin D3 plus the the key co-factors that optimize Vitamin D utilization in the body.
Vitamin D-Related Products
- Vitamin D Lamp by Sperti
- The D/UV Lamp is intended for individuals who don't have the time or opportunity to go into the sun or who don't want to take supplements.
- Vitamin D3 UV Meter
- Solarmeter from Solartech, Inc. Designed for both outdoor solar measurement and indoor UVR appliance measurement (IUs vitamin D3 per minute).
- Calculated Ultraviolet Exposure Levels for a Healthy Vitamin D Status
- Online calculator from the Norwegian Institute for Air Research that will estimate how many minutes of sun exposure one needs to produce 25 mcg (the equivalent of 1,000 International Units) of vitamin D. (European locations only. Use longitude and latitude for other locations.)
- Current UV Index Forcast
- U.S. National Weather Service Climate Prediction Center.
- Erythemal Index—Forecast and Archive
- Tropospheric Emission Monitoring Internet Service.
- MediClim® is a warning system that takes into account a multitude of weather parameters known to affect health. Users subscribe [for free] to receive emails that will alert them if specific weather conditions coming to their area may cause them a problem.
- National UV Index Forecast Chart
- Commonwealth of Australia Bureau of Meteorology.
- Vitamin D3 Daily Dose—Forecast
- Biometerology/Institute of Medical Physics, University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna.
Vitamin D and UVB Information
- About Vitamin D
- University of California, Riverside.
- Website detailing the importance of sunlight in human health. Includes research into the biological effects of natural light.
- Cholesterol and Vitamin D
- Learn how vitamin D is synthesized from cholesterol and found in cholesterol-rich foods at cholesterol-and-health.com.
- Consumber Lab.com
- Vitamin D supplement review.
- Grassroots Health D*Action
- A consortium of scientists, institutions, and individuals committed to solving the worldwide vitamin D deficiency epidemic.
- Health Research Forum
- Nonprofit that aims to develop and disseminate new ideas for the improvement of public health in the UK and elsewhere.
- Light and Health
- Medical journal articles and conference papers documenting the effect of light on health. From the Lighting Research Center at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, New York.
- Linus Pauling Institute Micronutrient Information Center—Vitamin D
- Micronutrient Research, Oregon State University.
- Shine on Scotland — Vitamin D For All
- Campaigning for every child in Scotland to get vitamin D.
- Skin Color Adaptation
- Behavioral Sciences Department, Palomar College, San Marcos, California.
- Sunlight, Nutrition, and Health Research Center. Website of vitamin D expert Dr. William B Grant.
- Sunlight Research Forum
- The aim of The Sunlight Research Forum is to help bring to the fore the latest medical and scientific information on the effects of moderate UV exposure on man.
- UV Advantage
- Website of vitamin D expert Dr. Michael Holick.
- UV Foundation
- The UV Foundation is committed to funding educational efforts designed to increase the public awareness of the biologic effects of ultraviolet light.
- Vitamin D
- The site brings information in Hebrew about vitamin D, articles, recent news, and an active forum.
- Website detailing the work of vitamin D expert Dr. Michael F. Holick.
- Vitamin D Nuclear Receptor - Boston University
- Ligand-binding Features Analyzed by Chemical Modification, Site-directed Mutagenisis and Homology-Extension Modeling.
- Vitamin D Society
- Canadian non-profit dedicated to improving the health of Canadians through vitamin D awareness.
Webcasts and Video
- The Benefits of Vitamin D
- Audio interview with Dr. William Grant revealing the exciting health benefits of vitamin D.
- Contemporary Diagnosis and Treatment of Vitamin D-Related Disorders
- Eight-part presentation from the American Society for Bone and Mineral Research. Windows Media format.
- How Increased Sun Exposure Could Save Millions of Lives
- Vitamin D expert, Dr. William Grant, explains how sunlight can help save millions of lives every year.
- Prospects for Vitamin D Nutrition
- Very interesting presentation detailing the human species' need for vitamin D. Presented by vitamin D expert Dr. Reinhold Vieth. Windows Media format.
- Vitamin D: Essential for Prevention of Diseases
- Vitamin D: importance in the prevention of cancers, type 1 diabetes, heart disease, and osteoporosis.
- Vitamin D: The New Old Natural Wonder Drug
- Sponsored by Wisconsin Academy of Sciences, Arts and Letters in partnership with the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, Professor Hector F DeLuca discusses the fascinating history of the discovery and applications of Vitamin D.
- Vitamin D and Cancer
- Dr. Wes Youngberg speaks on the connection between vitamin D and cancer.
- Vitamin D Council You Tube Channel
- Public Service Announcements by the Vitamin D Council explaining the importance of vitamin D.
- Vitamin D Deficiency — Treatment and Diagnosis
- Join notable vitamin D researchers as they address the latest information on what we really know about vitamin D. Series brought to you by UCSD School of Medicine and GrassrootsHealth.
- Vitamin D Lecture
- Dr. Mercola's one-hour lecture on the unbelievable benefits of vitamin D.
- The Vitamin D Pandemic and its Health Consequences
- Respected Vitamin D researcher Dr. Michael Holick gives a keynote address about vitamin D.
- Why Vitamin D Has So Many Powerful Health Benefits
- Vitamin D Council Executive Director, Dr. John J. Cannell, discusses the amazing benefits of vitamin D.
Vitamin D and Multiple Sclerosis
- All About Multiple Sclerosis
- Vitamin D3's role in Multiple Sclerosis.
- Multiple Sclerosis Resource Centre
- Latest research into vitamin D and Multiple Sclerosis.
- Multiple Sclerosis Trust — United Kingdom
- Vitamin D fact sheet (PDF format).
Vitamin D and Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Vitamin D3 — Essential for Health
CLL Topics provides information and support to patients and families dealing with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia.
Vitamin D and Your Pet
- Bearded Dragon Health
- Dragons must have calcium and full-spectrum UVB lights in order to maintain proper bone growth.
- College of Veternary Medicine
- Pet Reptiles Need Vitamin D and Calcium for Bone Health.
- Exotic Pets
- Why An Iguana Needs Lighting.
- Musings on D3 and UV...
- Herp and Green Iguana Information Collection.
- Vitamin D (cholecalciferol)
- Vitamin D and your horse.
- Vitamin D in Birds and Mammals
- Ron Hines DVM PhD.
- Winged Wisdom
- Calcium, Phosphorus, and Vitamin D3 In Your Bird's Diet.
Nutrition and Wellness
- International Health News
- International Health News provides useful, authoritative online information about the latest research in health, nutrition and medicine.
- Mount Rainier Clinic
- Provides educational and public information on alternative and complementary therapies.
- National Institutes of Health
- US Department of Health and Human Services.
- Natural Health Librarian
- Investigative health reporting and scientifically valid remedies from respected author and radio personality Bill Sardi.
Free PDF Downloads (offsite)
Adobe Reader required to view PDFs.
- Can Diabetes be Prevented with Vitamin D?
- Dr. Frank Garland, grassrootshealth.org.
- Dose-Response of Vitamin D and a Mechanism for Prevention of Cancer
- Department of Family and Preventive Medicine at UCSD School of Medicine and Moores UCSD Cancer Center, grassrootshealth.org.
- Effectiveness and Safety of Vitamin D in Relation to Bone Health
- Evidence report, August 2007. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), United States Department of Health and Human Services.
- The Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
- An exclusive interview with Dr. Michael Holick, by Mike Adams at Truth Publishing.
- How strong is the evidence that solar ultraviolet B and vitamin D reduce the risk of cancer?
- Sunlight Nutrition and Health Research Center (SUNARC).
- Update on Vitamin D
- Position statement by the UK Scientific Advisory Committee on Nutrition (SACN), 2007.
- Use of Vitamin D in Clinical Practice
- John J Cannell MD and Bruce W Hollis PhD.
- Vitamin D: A dose of sunshine goes a long way
- Informative article on vitamin D deficiency within the African American community from Boston's Bay State Banner.
- Vitamin D Expert Panel Meeting on Infants and Breastfeeding Mothers
CDC Report Oct. 2001, Atlanta, Georgia, (onsite).
- The Healing Sun: Sunlight and Health in the 21st Century
- Richard Hobday.
- Into the Light, Tomorrow's Medicine Today
- William Campbell Douglass.
- The Invisible Plague: The Rise of mental Illness from 1750 to the Present
- EF Torrey and J Miller.
- Light: Medicine of the Future: How We Can Use It to Heal Ourselves NOW
- Jacob Liberman.
- Nutrition and Bone Health
- Forward by Robert Lindsay, edited by Michael F Holick and Bess Dawson-Hughes.
- Nutritional Aspects of Osteoporosis (Serono Symposia)
- Edited by Peter Burckhardt, Bess Dawson-Hughes, and Robert P Heaney.
- The UV Advantage: The Medical Breakthrough That Shows How to Harness the Power of the Sun for Your Health
- Michael F Holick.
- Vitamin D
- Francis H Glorieux and J Wesley Pike.
- The Vitamin D Cure
- Dr. James Dowd.
- You Don't Have To Be Afraid of Cancer Anymore
- Bill Sardi.
Link to Us:
Vitamin D Council
Sample site description:
The Vitamin D Council is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put an end to the needless suffering and death of the worldwide epidemic of vitamin D deficiency.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.