Job: Community Coordinator/Manager
The Vitamin D Council is looking to hire! The Vitamin D Council is a 501c3 nonprofit organization working to educate the public on vitamin D, sun exposure and health.
We’re looking for someone to join our team full-time. We’re looking for an individual to take lead in our communications efforts. Since we’re small in staff size, we need this new team member to help out in programs and development, too.
What we’re looking for:
- We’re looking for someone with a diverse skill set, who has interest in public health and wants to work for a nonprofit organization.
- We’re looking for someone who prides themselves in their ability to write. You can write well, edit copy, and understand scientific literature.
- We’re looking for someone with interest in marketing and engaging with the public. You are a social media whiz (or think you could be), familiar with email marketing, and have a good taste for design.
- We’re looking for someone who can really delve into a subject and develop some expertise in no time. You are self-motivated, love science, and love gaining knowledge on very specific things. You like sharing this knowledge with others.
- Write articles on new research in medicine and vitamin D
- Edit articles from the content development team before they are published
- Pull together a cohesive voice from the content development team
- Write copy as needed
- Operate the Vitamin D Council’s social media pages, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and more
- Manage a large email newsletter
- Develop and execute a variety of marketing campaigns, projects and programs
- This position is flexible. You will have more duties depending on your skill set.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Great writing ability
- Excellent grammar and spelling
- Eye for detail
- Ability to self-motivate
- Interest in nonprofits
- Interest in public health
Bonus points for:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, medical sciences, nutrition, and the like
- Knowledge in website administration, HTML and CSS
- Interest in business strategy
- Interest in fundraising (that would really impress us)
Compensation is commensurate with experience. This is a junior-intermediate position.
This job will be based in our office in San Luis Obispo, CA. However, we are entertaining the possibility of hiring someone to work remotely. In your cover letter, if you are applying remotely, please note whether you’d be willing to relocate to San Luis Obispo or if you’re only interested in working remotely.
Email Brant Cebulla at [email protected] with a resume and a cover letter. Keep in mind that we will, in part, evaluate your ability to write based on the quality of writing in your cover letter. You are welcome to apply through March 21st, 2014.