VDC test kit slider
VDC-Banner-new_468
What is the safest way to quickly increase a low vitamin D level more quickly? I've heard about doing 50,000 units once a week followed by a maintenance dose. Any information on vitamin D and brain tumors? Thanks for any insight.

Asked by  mesrnpnp@aol.com on January 9, 2018

Answers
  •  mesrnpnp@aol.com on

See title

Answered by  mesrnpnp@aol.com on
  •  IAW on

There would be some information that would make it easier for me to try and give you a direction to go in.
    If you know your actual Vitamin D level that would help. Knowing your weight or if you weigh a lot more than 150lbs. (If you weigh more, you have to take more.)
    Never take Vitamin D once a week, rather just take a higher daily amount when you are correcting a deficiency and then go to a lower maintenance dosage once you know the deficiency has been corrected.
    So doctors usually prescribe 50,000iu once a week which is about 8000iu a day. Using 10,000iu a day is perfectly fine. Only take D3 and NOT D2. (Again weight is a factor.) This should be done for a minimum of 8 weeks before retesting. It takes 8 weeks on any given amount of Vitamin D to know what your level will be on that given amount.
    I encourage everyone to read http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/about-vitamin-d/vitamin-d-and-other-vitamins-and-minerals/.
    Sorry do you mean benign or cancer on the brain tumor? There is no specifics on cancerous brain tumors but a lot of information on low Vitamin D levels and cancers in general.
    More questions, just ask.

Answered by  IAW on

Recent Discussion

Popular Questions