VDC test kit slider
VDC-Banner-new_468
My son is 2.5 years old and weighs 35 pounds. He is on the autism spectrum. Can I use D3-plus with him? And if so how much?

Asked by  PayneE on April 9, 2019

Answers
  •  PayneE on

See title

Answered by  PayneE on
  •  IAW on

You can only use 1 out of the two capsules that is the normal recommended dose for adults. You can break open the one capsule and put in in a food or snack that has some fat in it for better absorption.
    The balance of Vitamin D that may be needed will have to come from just another product that has just Vitamin D. At 35lbs and Autistic, you usually start with 150iu per pound, wait 8 weeks and test Vitamin D levels. You are trying to get to 80ng/ml and maintain that level. That amount is a little over 5000iu, so 5000iu TOTAL to start. This creates an “odd amount”. A total of 5000iu minus the 2500 in the D3 Plus is 2500. So you could try just 2000iu more and see what the level is in 8 weeks. I also know that there are some “drops” out there by Carlson that equal, I believe, 500iu.
    Dr. Cannell has a wonderful book out there that has more information then I wrote here. If you do not already have it, I would recommend getting it. There is valuable information in it.
    If you have any more questions, just ask!

Answered by  IAW on

Recent Discussion

Popular Questions

December 21st is DDAY. Click here to celebrate the day with us!