VDC test kit slider
VDC-Banner-new_468
I've had my levels checked (18.8) and read your chart for a suggested dosage of D3 to take in order to increase these levels. How long should I take the increased dosage before checking my levels again?

Asked by  joannajury on February 20, 2018

Answers
  •  joannajury on

See title

Answered by  joannajury on
  •  IAW on

I hope the chart you are referring to says 5000iu a day. If you weigh more than an average weight of 150lbs, you may have to take more to get the same results.
    I hope the 18.8 was measured as ng/ml and not nmol/l because that would be a different response.
    You should take any given amount of Vitamin D for 8 weeks before retesting. Just keep in mind that testing during the spring/summer and part of fall may be influenced by “sunshine” depending if and how much you go outside. So your level could end up a little higher during that time frame.

Answered by  IAW on
    •  joannajury on

The chart says to take 4,900 IU per day to achieve a level of 50 ng/ml. I’m at 170 lbs right now, so I understood 5,000 IU would be about the right dosage. There wasn’t any information (that I saw) about how much time it would take to expect this increase in levels, so I wanted to make sure I re-tested at the right time. Thanks!

Answered by  joannajury on
  •  IAW on

It may take more like 6000iu a day but starting with the 5000iu a day is fine.
    Again wait 8 weeks before retesting!

Answered by  IAW on

Recent Discussion

Popular Questions