VDC test kit slider
VDC-Banner-new_468
It's been more than 2 weeks I have tested Vitamin D level and the result is 8.54 ng/ml. Now I just want to know that how many days it will take to cure this deficiency and how much D3 I need to cure this problem? I am also suffering from constipation. Is it a symptom of this problem? Information about me: gender: female age:16

Asked by  jewela9 on September 19, 2019

Answers
  •  jewela9 on

See title

Answered by  jewela9 on
  •  IAW on

To treat your deficiency you need to take 8000-10,000iu of D3 a day for 8 weeks, then retest yourself. All the information I am giving you is based on an average weight of 150lbs. If you weigh a lot more than this, you need to tell me. (If you weigh closer to 100lbs, then you may want to take the 8000iu but either one should be OK.) Your level at the end of 8 weeks, depending on the amount you take, should be 80ng/ml or higher. If it is much closer to 50ng/ml or below, something is wrong and you need to keep taking the higher amount of D and come back and tell me. If your levels recover enough, then you have to take a maintenance dosage of 5000iu a day, forever. If you do not, your levels will plummet again.
    Only take D3 (found in many stores) and NOT prescription D2.
    You need to read http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/about-vitamin-d/vitamin-d-and-other-vitamins-and-minerals/. It is very important! Calcium is not discussed there but your D level is “extremely low” and you need to make sure your daily diet has at least 500mg of calcium in it or you may need to take a calcium supplement. Levels lower than 10ng/ml can lead to Rickets and you may need extra calcium for bone repair.
    Magnesium is discussed in the above link and is also very important for bone health and all sorts of other things. Low Vitamin D is associated with “functional constipation associated to intestinal motility disorders”. Meaning if you have something like for example IBS. Low magnesium is absolutely associated with constipation. Low D can also cause other disorders that have constipation as a symptom but you are only saying you have one symptom? I would get some supplemental magnesium and the type to get is one that ends in “ate”. For example citrate. Take 100-200mg a day and see if that helps. Or take some citrate and some “Oxide”. Magnesium oxide is good for constipation because most of it ends up in your bowels and helps constipation. Only problem is if you need it throughout the rest of your body, it is harder for your body to absorb and that is why something ending in “ate” is better.
    As I try and tell many people, a blood test for calcium or any mineral will only measure what is in your blood stream and NOT total body stores. So you can still be deficient and be “in range” on a blood test. So do not rely on those results. For example the human body needs to maintain a certain level of calcium in your blood, it will take calcium from your bones if it does not have enough and needs it in your blood stream.
    If you have any more questions, just ask! 🙂

Answered by  IAW on

Recent Discussion

Popular Questions

December 21st is DDAY. Click here to celebrate the day with us!