VDC test kit slider
VDC-Banner-new_468
I have hypersomnia with suspected narcolepsy along with moderate to severe psoriasis and have noticed significant improvement with increasing Vitamin D levels substantially with the hypersomnia but nothing yet for psoriasis. I noticed there wasn't a health condition section for narcolepsy or sleep disorders? Does the Vitamin D Council have any insight on narcolepsy's relation to Vitamin D and its suspected autoimmune cause? Thank you!

Asked by  Bhollowa on March 14, 2019

Answers
  •  Bhollowa on

See title

Answered by  Bhollowa on
  •  IAW on

Whenever you see the word “autoimmune” suspect low Vitamin D is the cause. At Vitamin D levels at and below 40ng/ml, your risk for getting an autoimmune disease OR cancer rises “dramatically”. Some cancers by 60%.
    So in general any autoimmune disease is caused by low Vitamin D.
    In general studies show Vitamin D is good for sleep in general.
    So my questions to you is how much Vitamin D are you taking? Have you taken this amount for a least 8 weeks steady and possible have a Vitamin D level to go with this amount taken? The reason I ask is that you may have to take a lot more than what a normal person takes considering you have health issues. Higher amounts may also be needed for the psoriasis.

Answered by  IAW on

Recent Discussion

Popular Questions

December 21st is DDAY. Click here to celebrate the day with us!