VDC test kit slider
VDC-Banner-new_468
I am 42 year old male, vit D level of 12, muscle pain/ spasms/ twitching, cannot work out as provokes excessive soreness, not sleeping well for a year, extreme fatigue, signs of depression (sometimes cannot even make a phone call). 3 weeks ago found out vit D deficiency and since I have started taking: 50K units/ week vit D, Multi-vitamin with Vitamin K/ Bcomplex/ etc, Magnesium Glycinate 100% DV, Calcium Citrate 100%DV, sun bathing every day for 20-30min (or 8 min in a low pressure sun bed), How long would symptoms persist? I am still so fatigued and weak, can barely function properly. Anything else I should consider doing? Thank you!!!

Asked by  pedrosalomao on December 19, 2017

Answers
  •  pedrosalomao on

See title

Answered by  pedrosalomao on
  •  IAW on

Is the 50,000iu Vitamin D2 OR D3? Was the 12 measured as ng/ml or nmol/l? Do you weigh a lot more than 150lbs?

Answered by  IAW on
  •  pedrosalomao on

D3. It was 12 ng/ ml. I weight 180 . Many thanks.

•  IAW on

One time I had to go back and forth asking someone to make sure that they were taking D3 and not D2. After several times they finally checked and said it was D2 and not D3. So make sure or else this could hold your progress back.
    Now if it really is D3 science tells us that it is much better to take D3 in smaller amounts on a daily basis. So at your weight and deficit you could try taking 10.000iu A DAY and see if that starts to help.
    You said that at least originally that you had muscle “spasms/ twitching”. Has this lessened or stopped since starting the Vitamin D?
    So getting better could take a while but if you are not taking enough, then it will take even longer.
    Has anyone ever checked you for Hashimoto’s which is hypothyroidism? They would do a TSH test BUT more importantly they would also look for “antibodies”. If antibodies were detected then I would probably recommend trying even higher amounts of Vitamin D.

Answered by  IAW on
  •  pedrosalomao on

Thank you. Yes, I am taking D3 and will change to daily amounts. My TSH was normal at 2.20 mIU/L .

•  pedrosalomao on

For people with similar conditions than mine, how much time usually after starting treatment to experience significant improvements?

•  IAW on

People ask this a lot and the answer is, I don’t know. If you have not seen some or significant improvement in 8 weeks, then something else is wrong.
    Even if a TSH is normal you can still have antibodies that would affect your health. So you may need to revisit this later on if you do not get better.
    If you want, try 10,000iu for two weeks and then come back and give me an update.

Answered by  IAW on
  •  pedrosalomao on

OK thank you!

Recent Discussion

Popular Questions