VDC test kit slider
I accidentally took 3 vitamin D2 1.25 MG in one week which is suppose to be taken each week…I contracted strep throat and some of the symptoms of strep is similar to the symptoms of an overdose so I can't tell if its my infection or overdose what should I do

Asked by  kenyattasimmons91237800 on December 13, 2015

  •  kenyattasimmons91237800 on

    See title

    Answered by  kenyattasimmons91237800 on
  •  IAW on

    I am not a doctor or scientist but here is my opinion.
    Lot’s of times in studies they use what is called “bolus” dosing. That is they give someone for example 150,000iu in one dose but then they do not get anymore for the specified time frame. So really that is all you did and I doubt very much that you overdosed. Now what to do. Maybe you should not take any for a week. After that is another issue. We here at the Vitamin D Council do not recommend taking D2 ONLY D3, it is better for you. We also promote taking Vitamin D(3) everyday instead of a large dose once a week. So if you take 50,000iu and divide that by 7 days you get roughly 7000-8000iu a day. That is what you should do.
    It is VERY important to read http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/about-vitamin-d/vitamin-d-and-other-vitamins-and-minerals/.
    Vitamin D should only make you feel better and not give you any symptoms.
    Anymore questions just ask!

    Answered by  IAW on

Recent Discussion

Popular Questions