VDC test kit slider
VDC-Banner-new_468
Hi. I just received my vitamin d results and my levels are 22.7ng. My doctor says that this is fine and is not low enough to contribute to my feelings of being tired, brain fog, irritability or restlessness. Do I need to supplement or is he right?

Asked by  ldj203 on April 12, 2019

Answers
  •  ldj203 on

See title

Answered by  ldj203 on
  •  IAW on

Your doctor is wrong. At levels below 30ng/ml, and calcium cannot absorb correctly from the intestines. At levels below 40ng/ml and your risk for cancer and autoimmune illness rises “dramatically”! Your symptoms are from being deficient.
    To correct a deficiency take 8000-10,000iu of D3 per day for 8 weeks. At the end of 8 weeks you should retest to make sure your levels have recovered enough. If all of your symptoms are gone in 8 weeks, you should then take a maintenance dosage of 5000iu for a person weighing an average of 150lbs. If you weigh a lot more than this, please let me know.
    It is very important to read http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/about-vitamin-d/vitamin-d-and-other-vitamins-and-minerals/.
    If you have any more questions, just ask!

Answered by  IAW on
  •  pf on

hello, i don’t know where else to post this question. why are the website’s “news” and “blog” sections so out of date? has something changed at vitamin d council.

Answered by  pf on
  •  IAW on

I don’t know what happened but a recent email indicated that the VDC might be up an running in the near future!

Answered by  IAW on

Recent Discussion

Popular Questions

December 21st is DDAY. Click here to celebrate the day with us!