VDC test kit slider
VDC-Banner-new_468
Hi.. I had some body pain and back pain for a few weeks after which my doctor asked me to check my Vitamin D levels. The results showed 12ng/ml. My doctor advised me to take 50000IU tablet once a week. I had dry eyes, I felt fatigue, muscle twitchings, upper and lower back pain. I have been taking Vitamin D3 tablets 50000IU once a week for 10 weeks now. My dry eyes got a lot better. But I still have back pain. lower back pain on the hips , upper back shoulder blades and behind my neck. How long does this take to recover? Are these pains a symptom of Vitamin D deficiency. Now my doc gave me some muscle relaxing tablets and few exercises to do. The pain is really irritating. Pls help me on this. Is 50K IU once a week enough???

Asked by  safwankts on September 28, 2019

Answers
  •  safwankts on

See title

Answered by  safwankts on
  •  IAW on

I don’t have enough information.
    First is the 50,000iu D2 OR D3 this is VERY important and may be the problem! Humans need to take D3 and NOT D2. Please advise which this is before I give you advice.

Answered by  IAW on
  •  safwankts on

I have mentioned it as D3 tablets 50k Iu a week

Answered by  safwankts on
  •  IAW on

I had to argue with someone once that their tablets were most likely D2 and not D3. It took several attempts by me before they finally looked at their medicine and it read D2 and not D3. I assume nothing. If you live in the USA, then “prescription” Vitamin D is D2.
    After “8” weeks, you should have been retested to see what your new level is. This would tell me a lot and the only way I can really advise as to the problem.
    Vitamin D is based on weight, so if you weigh more than 150lbs, this could be the problem.
    Did you take the Vitamin D with a meal or snack that contained a fat in it for absorption?
    We recommend taking smaller amounts of Vitamin D on a daily basis because it is better for you. So when treating we recommend 8000-10,000iu a day for 8 weeks and then retesting.
    Could be that you have enough Vitamin D now (I don’t know without a new test) and you are missing “co-factors” that go along with Vitamin D. You can read about them here at http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/about-vitamin-d/vitamin-d-and-other-vitamins-and-minerals/.
    “Muscle twitching” sounds like a low mineral(s). Magnesium maybe calcium.
    Is the other pain muscle or bone related?

Answered by  IAW on

Recent Discussion

Popular Questions

December 21st is DDAY. Click here to celebrate the day with us!