VDC test kit slider
VDC-Banner-new_468
Hello, I am new to this, I was diagnosed last month with a vitamin D deficiency, which took 2 drs and months of awful symptoms, which I still experience. Not wondering about a time frame but wondering if any of these symptoms are ones anyone else has experienced. Fatigue Dizziness Brain fog Muscle weakness in legs and arms Numbness tingling in feet and right hand and upper arm Blurred vision Muscle twitches I feel like a mess, my levels were at 12 last checked, I take vitamin d3 and k2 5000 iu daily and magnesium ox …. praying for some relieve soon, current dr says my symptoms aren’t from that… it’s just stress which I don’t believe. Brain fog is the worst of it all. Any suggestions or anything I could be doing differently. I get a lot of sun to!!

Asked by  Eweir on May 15, 2019

Answers
  •  Eweir on

See title

Answered by  Eweir on
  •  Eweir on

I should also add I’ve got inflammation in my knees and feet, and my bones hurt and my hair is falling out!!

Answered by  Eweir on
  •  IAW on

Eweir, I saw both of your postings!
    It sounds like you have Adult Rickets because of the “bone pain”. All of the other symptoms can also be from low Vitamin D levels.
    It takes a lot of Vitamin D to correct a deficiency. We recommend taking 8000-10,000iu a day for 8 weeks and then retesting your level. I would recommend taking the 10,000iu a day. If you weigh more than 150lbs, you need to tell me. The more you weigh, the more you have to take. If you weigh around 150lbs, then in 8 weeks your level should be more like 80ng/ml or higher taking the 10K and your symptoms should be gone. If your level is not or your symptoms are not totally gone, then there is a problem and you need to come back and tell me but keep taking the 10,000iu. I would also need a to know your new Vitamin D level.
    How long have you been taking the 5000iu for?
    I did note that you are getting some sunshine also.
    Magnesium “Oxide” is not the best bioavailable magnesium. You may want to switch to choride or one that ends in “ate” like citrate. Since you have bone pain, you may want to add a calcium supplement.
    If an autoimmune condition has started because of the low Vitamin D, then you may eventually have to take more Vitamin D OR take a higher amount for a longer period of time.
    If you have any more questions, just ask!

You say you are getting “a lot of sun too”.

Answered by  IAW on
    •  IAW on

Eweir, ignore the very last sentence above.
      Also did anyone check your B12 levels????

Answered by  IAW on
  •  Eweir on

I am 139lbs I’ve been taking 5000iu for about a month now, just switched to the b12 and k2 about a week same dosage. And yes they have ran my bloodwork b12 is normal they also did blood testing for auto immune that came back normal as well, I have an mri scheduled for the end of this month to check for MS. But dr didn’t really give me guidance on how to handle this. My levels last checked were at 18.1. What is your suggestion from here? I am currently on my way to get new magnesium!!

Answered by  Eweir on
    •  Eweir on

Also saw a neurologist who said she doesn’t believe I have anything wrong other then the vit d but running mri just to be on the safe side

Answered by  Eweir on
  •  IAW on

At Vitamin D levels at and below 30ng/ml, calcium cannot absorb properly from the intestines. Even is you took a blood test for a calcium level and it was within the range, you can still be deficient and have symptoms. You have one of the classic signs of calcium deficiency which is “numbness and tingling”. This will not correct itself until your D level gets closer to 30 or perhaps over 30ng/ml.
    So you need to do what I said above, take 10,000iu a day for 8 weeks and you need to absolutely retest at that point. If your levels do not “hit” a certain point (80ng/ml) at the end of 8 weeks, this would mean you are still using up huge amounts of Vitamin D to correct something. The something would still possible be the Rickets.
    I have seen many people on this “blog” have the exact symptoms you are having. Most are better in 8 weeks time but only if they take enough Vitamin D. At a level of 18ng/ml, you are still struggling. A “healthy” level that we promote is 50ng/ml.
    I know most lab tests have a “lower end” of either 20 or 30ng/ml but this is NOT healthy. At levels at and below 40ng/ml, your risk for cancer and autoimmune diseases rises “drastically”. Some cancers by 60%!
    Even if you had MS, the answer is taking high amounts of Vitamin D. MS is caused by low Vitamin D levels. It is an autoimmune disease.
    If you have any more questions, just ask! 🙂

Answered by  IAW on
  •  Eweir on

Thank you so much for your help and I will be checking back in with you soon to update on health! I did get new magnesium and calcium so hopefully soon I feel some relief!!

Answered by  Eweir on
    •  IAW on

I too hope you feel better soon!

Answered by  IAW on

Recent Discussion

Popular Questions

December 21st is DDAY. Click here to celebrate the day with us!