VDC test kit slider
VDC-Banner-new_468
Has anyone heard of the research stating a subcutaneous injection of Vitamin D may help with body inflammation? I'm particularly interested in this as the prescription med. Cymbalta caused side effects I didn't want. It may take up to 12 weeks to work but so many other treatments take that long or longer! I've included the link. It sounds like a preliminary study but if it works without all the side affects! Thanks, Susan http://drc.bmj.com/content/4/1/e000148.abstract

Asked by  Sunbeam on February 5, 2018

Answers
  •  Sunbeam on

See title

Answered by  Sunbeam on
  •  IAW on

Susan you should be able to get the same affect by just ingesting Vitamin D rather than a “large injection”. Once a week or monthly amounts are no longer recommended and you are better off taking a smaller amount of Vitamin D3 daily.
    Now if you were to take that 600,000 divided by 20 weeks that is like taking 30,000iu once a week or 4000iu a day. For a healthy person we recommend 5000iu a day to keep them healthy. Since you already have health problems, I would double that to 8000iu or go to 10,000iu. Eventually you may not need to take that high of a dosage or you may perhaps even need a higher dosage. Take the higher amount for at least 8 weeks and then come back and tell me how you feel.
    I recommend reading http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/about-vitamin-d/vitamin-d-and-other-vitamins-and-minerals/. It is very important. Take it seriously.
    If you develop any new symptoms or old symptoms get worse while taking the D, it usually means a vitamin or mineral deficiency and you should come back and tell me.
    Since the study deals with diabetic neuropathy, are you trying to treat that or Fibromyalgia? (If you have diabetes the Vitamin D could temporarily make your blood sugar numbers go “haywire” but they will settle down again. It will also make your diabetes easier to control.) If you have Fibro you can disregard that piece of information.

Answered by  IAW on
    •  Sunbeam on

Thank you so much for your very detailed response. I’m new here and didn’t think of going to my profile to see if anyone responded! I just read your post, will read it several times as it’s jam packed with info & will read your attachment!

I have Diabetic Neuropathy and since stopping my meds. I’m now in a bad painful flare up! 1 good thing is that my horrible dry mouth condition is almost gone so that has confirmed that was a nasty side effect of the Cymbalta, was really hoping that was also causing the fatigue but not so!

I’m quite skeptical about which Vit. D product is the best to purchase! I often read that we might as well throw our money down the toilet.

I do have a Vit. D/ Calcium combo from Jameison. Can you recommend a specific product.

I’ll let you know how it’s going. Will talk to you soon, meanwhile if you could send me the brand of Vit. D you trust. Thanks, Susan

Answered by  Sunbeam on
  •  IAW on

At the top of this page is a revolving advertisement and it will revolve to Bio Tech. This is the only one that the Vitamin D Council will recommend. It is free of dyes and fillers and is batch tested in an approved lab.

Answered by  IAW on

Recent Discussion

Popular Questions