VDC test kit slider
VDC-Banner-new_468
Are there any chronic health conditions, diseases, or disorders that are negatively affected by vitamin D supplementation or sun exposure?

Asked by  Anonymous on October 13, 2014

Answers
  •  Anonymous on

See title

Answered by  Anonymous on
  •  Rebecca Oshiro on

Those with vitiligo should avoid sun exposure. If you have a parathyroid or granulomatous disorder or kidney disease, you should avoid vitamin D supplementation until you get the go-ahead from your doctor.

Answered by  Rebecca Oshiro on
    •  jimslineyjr@gmail.com on

To add to Rebecca Oshiro’s response, the parathyroid disease of HYPERparathyroidism should carefully consider vitamin D supplementation, but the parathyroid disease of HYPOparathyroidism needs to maintain normal vitamin D levels to aid with calcium absorption, their biggest challenge.

Answered by  jimslineyjr@gmail.com on
    •  hlahore@gmail.com on

Excellent treatment fo vitiligo by both UVB and vitamin D
      http://vitamindwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page_id=5562

Answered by  hlahore@gmail.com on
  •  tanishadsouza on

nice..

Answered by  tanishadsouza on
  •  phytoscience252 on

These cases are often caused by a combination of genetic factors and exposure toradon gas, asbestos, or other forms of air pollution, including second-hand smoke.
    For management of cancer patients especially Asian countries largely embraced with allopathic medicine. Depending upon the stages of cancer, treatment modalities most commonly used (radiotherapy, surgery and chemotherapy). However, disadvantage of these therapies causes permanent or temporary adverse effects such as loss of hair, loss of appetite, nerve damage, vomiting and nausea etc.
    For more visit………………………………………………………………………………………………
    [url= https://youtu.be/odTi6LXA-GY%5D Cancer Treatment [/url]

Answered by  phytoscience252 on
  •  kathleen_marie08795900 on

I have had an episode of vitiligo and still have my original non pigmented spots, but it’s OK to expose these spots a bit to sun up to 10 minutes in my opinion (I’m not an MD) I would think. I get my 1,000 to 1,500 IU per day. Vitiligo is stable after many years, 10 or 20 even, ie it hasn’t gotten worse. I apply my sunscreen (like the zinc/titanium type, no parabens) over the “non pigmented spots” and basically apply as anyone would, using a stick, that looks like a glue stick. I also use an umbrella if I’m out walking, as the creamy sunscreen feels too plastered on all my skin, like gummy or something. I’m not someone that surfs or hangs out on the beach though. My dermatologist said – apply screen, hat or clothing, to protect – the top of the head (hat of course works great), top of the ears (apply screen), also apply screen to nose, forehead and back of the hands. Those are the areas of most sun exposure. Top of the ears was interesting, I hadn’t thought of that at all. For one thing about all of the melanoma issues – some women get the melanoma on their upper legs and back of the legs I think, which isn’t (IS NOT) an area that gets a lot of sun. So go figure – a lot of research now on how sun affects the occurrence of cancer. A good field of study. Also good to get a dermatologist early in life for all kinds of care. For parties or weddings or photos, I also have a tan colored makeup I can apply to my face, so the white spot(s) of vitilgo from the past don’t show. I would not want to especially risk a tanning bed treatment personally. I just live with mine, but I’m not dating or anything. I’m getting a parathyroid test this year with my annual I think, re bone density studies at almost 70 years old. I have not had a FX. Hope all the tests (blood work, D3 levels, etc.) are normal, I have been feeling well, not tired.

Answered by  kathleen_marie08795900 on
  •  mslarma on

Do you take other supplements for vitiligo. Cheers

Answered by  mslarma on

Recent Discussion

Popular Questions