VDC test kit slider
VDC-Banner-new_468
Reply To: Hi everyone, I had leg pain for the past 2 years and the doctor told me at the time my vitamin d was lowish but said it wasn’t much of a problem at 35nmol/l, this winter just passed I started getting muscle and bone pain all over as well as headaches head pressure and dizziness (still have these symptoms) my vitamin d came back as 20nmol/l which is like 8 ng/ml? I’ve had a head scan also which came back fine, I’ve taken the high dose treatment and last time I checked my level was 105nmol/l I still don’t feel any better how long should it take to recover? It’s been just under 3 months the since I started taking the supplements, I now take a maintenance dose, thanks

Home Forums Ask the Vitamin D Council Hi everyone, I had leg pain for the past 2 years and the doctor told me at the time my vitamin d was lowish but said it wasn’t much of a problem at 35nmol/l, this winter just passed I started getting muscle and bone pain all over as well as headaches head pressure and dizziness (still have these symptoms) my vitamin d came back as 20nmol/l which is like 8 ng/ml? I’ve had a head scan also which came back fine, I’ve taken the high dose treatment and last time I checked my level was 105nmol/l I still don’t feel any better how long should it take to recover? It’s been just under 3 months the since I started taking the supplements, I now take a maintenance dose, thanks Reply To: Hi everyone, I had leg pain for the past 2 years and the doctor told me at the time my vitamin d was lowish but said it wasn’t much of a problem at 35nmol/l, this winter just passed I started getting muscle and bone pain all over as well as headaches head pressure and dizziness (still have these symptoms) my vitamin d came back as 20nmol/l which is like 8 ng/ml? I’ve had a head scan also which came back fine, I’ve taken the high dose treatment and last time I checked my level was 105nmol/l I still don’t feel any better how long should it take to recover? It’s been just under 3 months the since I started taking the supplements, I now take a maintenance dose, thanks

IAW on

On April the 26th you said it had been about 3 months total since you started taking the D. First you took a high dose of a total of 40,000iu a week. You never said how long you did this for? So in 3 months time which equals about 12 weeks, how long did you take the high dose for, 3 months? You then said you went to a maintenance dose but I don’t know how long you were doing that before you made this posting? When your level was 105nmol/l and if you reduced your dosage down at that point, by any significant amount of time, your level then fell lower again.
So it is very hard for me to figure out under these circumstances. That is why I said to start over and take 10,000iu for 8 weeks and retest. That retest would be very important because it would show whether or not you have healed all the way. If your level then was, for example, now 80ng/ml and you still had symptoms, then maybe something else is wrong. If your level is a lot lower, on 10,000iu a day at your weight, then that means you are still using up Vitamin D “like crazy” and need to stay on the higher amount for a longer period of time.
The symptoms of hypercalcemia include: feeling sick or being sick, poor appetite or loss of appetite, feeling very thirsty, passing urine often, constipation or diarrhea, abdominal pain, muscle weakness or pain, feeling confused, feeling tired and bone pain. If things are worse, then maybe someone should check your calcium levels to rule out Hypercalcemia.
Do you have enough calcium in your diet? It is not listed as a co-factor but is needed to repair bone.

Answered by  IAW on

Recent Discussion

Popular Questions

December 21st is DDAY. Click here to celebrate the day with us!