VDC test kit slider
VDC-Banner-new_468
Reply To: I took liquid Vitamin D 40,000-60,000 iu per day for 1 month. Maybe this will help someone. I did not know how I was supposed to take it and I'm glad I got tested. I saw no adverse effects, I felt great. I'm 6'3 250's athletic at the time a month ago I am now at 240lbs. "non smoker" Non alcohol, non any medication ever. My levels went from 15-18 to 102 in that time. I was roughly increasing my daily levels by 2.9ng. I stopped all vitamin D for 15 days and no sun exposure to see what my levels would drop to, they dropped to 66. Keep in mind it took about a week to get results back and I estimated my levels might have gone as high as 131ng. My question is how much vitamin D can I take daily to maintain where I'm at now cause I feel GREAT! My levels for some reason dropped 4.1ng per day without any vitamin D. Thank you

Home Forums Ask the Vitamin D Council I took liquid Vitamin D 40,000-60,000 iu per day for 1 month. Maybe this will help someone. I did not know how I was supposed to take it and I'm glad I got tested. I saw no adverse effects, I felt great. I'm 6'3 250's athletic at the time a month ago I am now at 240lbs. "non smoker" Non alcohol, non any medication ever. My levels went from 15-18 to 102 in that time. I was roughly increasing my daily levels by 2.9ng. I stopped all vitamin D for 15 days and no sun exposure to see what my levels would drop to, they dropped to 66. Keep in mind it took about a week to get results back and I estimated my levels might have gone as high as 131ng. My question is how much vitamin D can I take daily to maintain where I'm at now cause I feel GREAT! My levels for some reason dropped 4.1ng per day without any vitamin D. Thank you Reply To: I took liquid Vitamin D 40,000-60,000 iu per day for 1 month. Maybe this will help someone. I did not know how I was supposed to take it and I'm glad I got tested. I saw no adverse effects, I felt great. I'm 6'3 250's athletic at the time a month ago I am now at 240lbs. "non smoker" Non alcohol, non any medication ever. My levels went from 15-18 to 102 in that time. I was roughly increasing my daily levels by 2.9ng. I stopped all vitamin D for 15 days and no sun exposure to see what my levels would drop to, they dropped to 66. Keep in mind it took about a week to get results back and I estimated my levels might have gone as high as 131ng. My question is how much vitamin D can I take daily to maintain where I'm at now cause I feel GREAT! My levels for some reason dropped 4.1ng per day without any vitamin D. Thank you

IAW on

You would have to take 40,000iu a day for several months in order to “maybe” become toxic. Levels up to 150ng/ml are the “official” safe limit but you may need levels over 250ng/ml to become toxic. (Of course there are exceptions to every rule.)
We promote maintaining a “minimum” level of 50ng/ml. This is because at levels of 40ng/ml and below, your chances for autoimmune diseases and cancer rises “dramatically”. For sure anything between 50-100ng/ml is absolutely safe.
Some people have weight loss after supplementing with Vitamin D. Everything works better!
You said “I cut out all dairy” and now only take 1200mg of calcium…..”. You may want to rethink this amount. At Vitamin D levels of 30ng/ml and above calcium gets absorbed from the intestines and the large amounts recommended of calcium, may not exactly be “beneficial”. It was the Doctor that created this website that first said this many years ago. The problem does not get corrected with high amounts of calcium, rather taking Vitamin d helps calcium absorb and you don’t need as much calcium. So thru diet and/or supplements 500mg. (I have another person who I have been conversing with who has actually proven this theory. It’s not what they started out to do, it was just a by product.)
If you have not already please read http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/about-vitamin-d/vitamin-d-and-other-vitamins-and-minerals/. It is actually Vitamin K that moves calcium to bone and away from soft tissues and is discussed in that section.
At http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/about-vitamin-d/how-do-i-get-the-vitamin-d-my-body-needs/, this lays out all the facts needed on getting Vitamin D from “sunshine”. It’s not as easy as it would seem!

Answered by  IAW on

Recent Discussion

Popular Questions

December 21st is DDAY. Click here to celebrate the day with us!