A few measurements researchers use to quantify sun exposure are in units of “minimal erythemal doses” (MEDs) or units of “standard erythema doses” (SEDs). The names come from the concept that human skin generates an erythema (redness) in response to the sun’s intensity over a length of time.
Information on the latest vitamin D news and research.
Find out more information on deficiency, supplementation, sun exposure, and how vitamin D relates to your health.
We need your help!
We're spreading awareness in Vitamin D deficiency. But we need your help!
- Recent study shows vitamin D supplementation is associated with improved symptoms of systemic lupus erythematosus on
- Study finds vitamin D supplementation may reduce the risk of cancer related deaths on
- Natural doses of vitamin D may prevent metabolic syndrome on
- Vitamin D supplementation reduces the risk of respiratory infections, according to study on
- What company do we recommend for vitamin D supplements? on
Popular topicsallergy alzheimer’s disease asthma autism autoimmune disease bone health breast cancer calcium cancer cardiovascular cardiovascular disease child abuse children depression diabetes elderly fracture hypertension infant inflammation lupus mental health meta-analysis mortality multiple sclerosis muscle obesity open label trial osteoporosis pregnancy public health randomized controlled trial respiratory infections rickets schizophrenia skin cancer sun exposure type 1 diabetes type 2 diabetes UV exposure vitamin d vitamin d deficiency vitamin d levels vitamin d supplementation vitamin d toxicity