Remember how I hypothesized about vitamin D’s ability to prioritize which organ gets vitamin D when levels are less than 40 ng/ml? Think of a mountain with a lake at the top and many streams coming out of the lake to really important gene pools below, and then streams coming out of those to longer-latency (diseases way in the future) pools down, etc. Think of about thousands of total pools on that mountain, some high up and some low down, for the genes in the 38 tissues vitamin D regulates. The gene pools low down do not get much vitamin D unless the lake and upper pools are full. A recent study linked 3,000, not 2,000, human genes to vitamin D, so we are talking a lot of pools.
Information on the latest vitamin D news and research.
Find out more information on deficiency, supplementation, sun exposure, and how vitamin D relates to your health.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We're spreading awareness in vitamin D deficiency. But we need your help!
- email@example.com on Vitamin D Podcast 06: Dr. Michael Holick
- firstname.lastname@example.org on New study finds both high and low vitamin D levels associated with increased cardiovascular disease mortality
- D-fiant on New study finds both high and low vitamin D levels associated with increased cardiovascular disease mortality
- email@example.com on New study finds both high and low vitamin D levels associated with increased cardiovascular disease mortality
- IAW on Vitamin D Podcast 06: Dr. Michael Holick
Popular topicsallergy alzheimer’s disease asthma autism autoimmune disease bone health breast cancer cancer cardiovascular cardiovascular disease child abuse children depression diabetes elderly fracture hypertension infant inflammation lupus melanoma mental health meta-analysis mortality multiple sclerosis muscle obesity open label trial pregnancy public health randomized controlled trial respiratory infections rickets schizophrenia skin cancer sun exposure type 1 diabetes type 2 diabetes UV exposure vitamin d vitamin d deficiency vitamin d levels vitamin d supplementation vitamin d toxicity vitamin d treatment